Monday, August 27, 2018

Drowsy Driving

https://lawyer1.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/shutterstock_369192794.jpg
Sleepy driver behind the wheel
** Note:  Image not mine.  Credit is where credit is due.

One of the most torturous things for me that ranks with toothache is when sleepiness catches up with you on the wheel.  It starts with a yawn, and your body relaxes ever so slowly, your eyelids become heavy, there's the fighting of sleepiness by shifting positions, pinching, even slapping yourself awake, but dozing off momentarily creeps up on you.  When I realized I was fighting a losing battle while on the road, I pull in to the nearest stop, usually, its a gas station along the highway and nap - at the cost of the fuel and engine idling.

But I am thankful for a God who does not slumber nor sleep (Ps. 121:4b)  He is a watchful God.  His eyes watches over me and my family.  The fact that we are alive and well is already a testament of His keeping us safe, and his watchfulness keep me from terrible accidents when sleepiness overcomes me the next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kettle blunder

Last night as I sat on the dinner table alone enjoying bananas with peanut butter, the kettle whistled.  I let it sit for a half a minute be...